The magnificent Moringa Oleifera or Drumstick Tree is acclaimed worldwide for its high nutritional value and powerful therapeutic properties and in recent times has emerged as a Superfood. It has evolved and accepted well as a dietary supplement rich in essential Vitamins, Minerals, and Protein.
Let’s quickly go through it uses and astonishing benefits of Moringa Oleifera!
Health Benefits and Uses of Moringa
Moringa is a Complete Nutritional Food
Moringa is an excellent source of protein. 100 g of fresh raw leaves contain about 18% of daily required levels of organic protein. It is rich in nutrition owing to the presence of a variety of essential phytochemicals that are present in its leaves, pods, and seeds.
Moringa Oleifera supplementation provides approximately:
- 8 times more Vitamin C than Oranges,
- 10 times more Vitamin A than Carrots,
- 17 times more Calcium than Milk,
- 9 times more Protein than Yogurt,
- 15 times more Potassium than Bananas and,
- 25 times more Iron than Spinach
Isn’t it amazing!
If you are physically overactive or exercise a lot, supplementation of this magical herb is very beneficial! 100 g of fresh leaves contain up to 250% of daily required levels of vitamin-A. Its leaves and pods are also excellent sources of vitamin C. 100 g of pods contain 200% of daily required levels of vitamin C.
Moringa Oleifera or Drumsticks are rich in powerful antioxidants such as quercetin, chlorogenic acid, and beta-sitosterol. All parts of Drumstick Tree, especially, leaves and pods contain good amounts of vital B-complex vitamins such as folates, vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), thiamin (vitamin B-1), riboflavin, Pantothenic acid, and niacin.
It is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids which are known to lower body inflammation and contribute to healthy cell regeneration along with boosting your immune system. High in beta carotene and vitamin A, Supplementation with Moringa Oleifera aids in optimum eye health.
Medical Research has confirmed that Moringa extracts possess anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and even antitumor properties that prevent the growth of disease-causing bacteria and microbes in our body.
Moringa Possesses Hepatoprotective Properties
Moringa Oleifera, when consumed, has shown to have a hepatoprotective effect on the most crucial organ of our body, the liver. It aids in the restoration of liver enzymes and levels of glutathione in our system.
Moringa is a Boon for Digestive Disorders
Moringa is highly effective in the treatment of abdominal and digestive disorders such as constipation, gastritis, ulcerative colitis, and acid reflux.
Supplement for Healthy Bones
Moringa is highly beneficial for maintaining healthy bone structure and in increasing muscle mass, being a rich source of minerals like calcium and phosphorous.
Moringa fights Body Pain and Joint Inflammation
Moringa possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties and is effective in the treatment of painful conditions such as arthritis.
Moringa the Blood Booster
Moringa leaves, fruit, and extracts are beneficial in the treatment of anemia. It supplies a large amount of Iron to our body and facilitates its better absorption, resulting in increased red blood cell count.
Moringa Oleifera is an effective Weight-loss Remedy
Moringa helps in combating obesity thanks to its highly nutritional and low-fat qualities. The impressive content of vitamin B in its leaves aids in digestion and converts the food into energy rather than storing it as fat.
Moringa leaves are a great source of protein and are very beneficial for people who have a high protein requirement in their diet.
Moringa – Rich Source of Amino Acids
Moringa contains all the essential amino acids required by the body for Protein Synthesis.
Amino acids act as a foundation for building proteins that further help our system to generate, repair, and maintain healthy body tissues and cells and promote metabolism.
There are 20 amino acids, 11 our body can produce by itself, and for the rest, it depends on the food you intake, and the good news is that Moringa Oleifera contains all of them.
The 9 Vital Amino Acids found in Moringa are:
- ISOLEUCINE – Helps in building protein, enzymes, and other biochemical components within the body. Its deficiency can lead to unhealthy blood sugar levels and fatigue.
- LEUCINE – Apart from aiding in Protein synthesis it balances blood sugar levels and promotes muscle, bone, and skin health.
- LYSINE – Supports in the absorption of the optimum amount of calcium by the body and is essential for muscle and bone health.
- METHIONINE – Provides sulfur to the body which is crucial for hair, skin, and nail growth. It also maintains optimum cholesterol levels by boosting the functioning of our lives and also lowers the risk of bladder inflammation.
- PHENYLALANINE – Aids in the production of brain chemicals and supports optimal memory and brain functions.
- THREONINE – Forms an integral part of collagen and maintains metabolic rate, prevents fatty liver, and enhances the digestive system.
- TRYTOHYAN – Supports the body’s immune system and minimizes sleeping disorders and prevents stress and anxiety. It is also vital for cardiovascular health and healthy cholesterol levels.
- VALINE – Promotes neurological functions, supports muscle metabolism, repairs body tissues, and boosts energy levels.
- HISTIDINE – Helps in the generation of red and white blood cells and fight body allergies.
Moringa for Skin and Hair Health
Healthy glowing skin and lustrous hair require extra body nourishment and Moringa supplementation handles this job wonderfully by providing enhanced nutrition to the body and flushing toxins out of your body preventing skin infections, acne, and pimples.
Moringa is abundant in skin-loving nutrients like calcium, vitamin A, B, C, D, E, copper, iron, zinc, magnesium, and, silica.
The harmful effect of free radicals on our skin leads to fine lines and wrinkles and also makes the skin look aged. Moraga’s antioxidant properties prevent our skin from free radical damage and also nourish skin cells.
Along with Vitamins and minerals, essential micronutrients and amino acids found in Moringa are associated with the development of keratin protein, which further improves the quality and growth of your hair.
Bonus Tip: Moringa seeds mixed with impure water can soak up all the contaminations and make water crystal clear and drinkable. So next time you go camping, don’t forget to carry some Moringa Seeds with you!
Add Fresh Moringa leaves or powder in your daily diet to get the advantage of its numerous health benefits. Believe me, it leaves, when cooked, tastes better than spinach! Add its pods in soups and curries to make it healthier and tastier.
Due to its extraordinary and unmatched health benefits and therapeutic properties, Moringa Oleifera AKA Drumstick tree is also named as ‘The Miracle Tree.’
The most remarkable benefits of Moringa are that all parts of this tree including its bark, roots, leaves, flowers, and, seeds are a powerhouse of vital nutrients and antioxidants. Supplement with it to keep yourself and your near and dear ones healthy, active, and disease-free.
Moringa is a natural superfood which even if consumed in small amounts, can supply our body a wide gamut of vital nutrients with all the essential vitamins and minerals including all the essential amino acids.