You will be amazed to know that beer has a greater protein and vitamin B content than wine, while its antioxidant content is equivalent to that of wine.
What is Beer?
Beer is an alcoholic drink that is prepared using barley, hops, water, and yeast.
Process of Making Beer
The general process of producing beer goes through several stages before it reaches the end consumer.
Different Stages of Beer Production
- Malting (soaking of grains)
- Milling (grains are crushed so they’ll absorb the water needed to extract their sugars)
- Mashing–Addition of more water, boiling, fermentation, and filtration
- Bottling and Labeling
Generally, alcoholic beverages are not considered health-friendly and are also true to some extent but research and various studies done on certain alcoholic beverages like Beer, Whiskey, Brandy, and Red Wine have shown that drinking them in moderation provides some astonishing health benefits.
Let’s find them out!
Amazing Health Benefits of Beer
- Flavonoids and antioxidants present in Beer are known to possess anti-aging properties. Flat Beer is considered a great conditioner. Rinse your hair with a bottle of flat beer to get rid of dandruff and make your hair lustrous and healthy.
- Beer is good for your Kidney health. Studies have shown that each bottle of beer you drink reduces the risk of developing kidney stones by a massive 40%. Moderate consumption of beer decreases bile concentration and lowers the risk of developing gallstones.
- One more health benefit of drinking beer, especially dark beer is that it contains lots of soluble fiber, flavonoids, and antioxidants which are considered good for gut and digestive health and the same reason it is great for skin health and helps in flushing toxins out of your system, giving you a healthy and glowing skin.
- The fiber in beer also helps reduce your levels of Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol (LDL) or bad cholesterol and on the other hand, it can raise High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) or good cholesterol.
- Beer contains several nutrients including B vitamins (B1, B2, B6, and B12). Vitamin B6 found in Beer protects against heart diseases by preventing the build-up of a compound called homocysteine.
- Moderate beer consumption has shown to increase bone density, thereby preventing the risk of fractures and osteoporosis at a later stage of life.
- Drinking Beer can help combat day-to-day stress and anxiety which are the major contributors to heart diseases and thus helps in keeping your cortisol (stress hormones) levels in control. A study showed that beer drinkers have a 40 to 60 percent reduced risk of suffering from a heart attack compared with non-beer drinkers.
- Drinking beer prevents the formation of proven blood clots and various studies have shown up to a 50% reduction in the risk of strokes in moderate alcohol drinkers it also helps in reducing high blood pressure. It also helps in preventing Atherosclerosis (Blockage of Arteries).
- According to Research, beer boosts your memory and beer drinkers are less likely to suffer from brain-related disorders like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Beer is considered more nutritious than other alcoholic drinks and If you can tolerate warm beer or like drinking it warm then there is good news for! Yes, drinking warm Beer can improve blood circulation and helps you breathe easier when you are suffering from congestion. Drinking warm beer may also provide relief from joint pain and boost your immunity if consumed sensibly.
The health benefits of beer include its antiageing properties, lower risk of cardiovascular diseases, increased bone density, prevention of dementia and coronary diseases, aid to the healthy digestive system, anti-aging properties, as well as reducing the risks of gallstones, kidney stones, osteoporosis, and hypertension and is a diuretic.
Beer acts as a stress buster if consumed sensibly. Remember moderate drinking is the key to enjoy its innumerable health benefits and excess intake can be harmful.