Physical exercise can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing several chronic diseases immensely and regular exercise can have immediate and long-term emotional as well as physical benefits and tremendously improve the quality of your life.
Nowadays, physical education is a must for children as well as people of all ages, and a minimum of 30 minutes a day of rigorous physical activity or exercise is required to maintain optimum fitness levels.
Types of Physical activities:
- Continuous Laps (Swimming)
- Spinning exercise (Indoor cycling)
- Skipping rope exercise
- Jumping rope exercise
Strength training activities (Anaerobic):
- Exercising with resistance bands
Non-exercise physical activities
- Casual walking
- Climbing stairs
- Playing Frisbee
- Playing with pets
- Cleaning etc.
Let’s quickly take a deep dive into this article to explore the top health benefits of remaining physically active and exercising daily.
Health Advantages of Physical Exercise or Activity
If you are physically active, you may:
- Being physically active, doing exercise or aerobics, practicing yoga, or going regularly on walks can reduce your risk of a heart attack or stroke and at the same time strengthen your lungs and cardiovascular system to a great extent.
- Walking, doing Exercise regularly, and being physically active is the most simple and effective way to manage your weight and keep your muscles lean and strong and at the same time boost the health of your bones and joints lowering the chances of Osteoporosis at a later stage of life.
- Physically fit people have a lower unhealthy (LDL) or bad cholesterol levels and have an impressive lipid profile, with good levels of good cholesterol (HDL).
- Exercising helps in marinating healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels in individuals and significantly lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes and various other auto-immune diseases.
- If you are Physically active and do exercise you will have far better posture then ones who spend most of the time sitting idle or working in front of a computer and you will safeguard yourself from modern-day diseases like neck pain, cervical spondylitis, arthritis, back pain, etc.
- While you exercise you soon start feeling better emotionally as well as physically as it boosts your energy levels and refreshes your mood by making you relaxed and sleep better. In short, exercise keeps stress, depression, and fatigue out of your life as it distracts you from daily worries and lets you spend some quality time for your overall well-being!
- Exercising or practicing Yoga, at a gym or yoga center with others provides an opportunity for increased social contact.
- Remaining physically active and doing exercise helps in stretching your muscles and increases your range of motion. With regular practice, you’ll improve your flexibility. Aerobics and power yoga are some of the best ways to keep you healthy and fit.
- You tend to sweat a lot when you involve yourself in rigorous physical activity or intense body workouts; this, in turn, helps in releasing and removing body toxins via sweat and also boosts your metabolism.
- Exercise can provide relief for chronic pains such as lower back pain or leg pain. The right kind of exercise under expert supervision and guidance can be a good form of physiotherapy for stubborn aches or pain caused in any part of the body due to long-term injuries.
To maintain good health and reduce your risk of chronic health diseases, health experts recommend a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity on a regular/daily basis and muscle-strengthening activities at least twice a week.